This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] installing with apt-get not worrking

Acer DeVille

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:11:35 pm

I've tried twice now to install a program with apt-get (acutally sudo apt-get, but I digress), anyway I type in the command, it asks for a password, then alot of lines of code, (downloading program, checking pkg, installing, etc), then it goes back to the default prompt. I close the terminal, open "start menu", search for program, not there, I open the software center, again new program is not there. Open gdebi pkg installer, type in program, get the option to reinstall, do that and still no program. What am I doing wrong?

Acer DeVille

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:32:57 pm

One program is Conky, I don't remember what I was working on the other day, could have been the same thing.

Acer DeVille

Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:53:55 pm

Thanks. I searched for "apt-get installs", "terminal installs" and something else. If only I had thought to search for the program in question.

Acer DeVille

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:10:05 pm

Thanks, I found it.
However I got down to the line "gksudo nautilus", when I hit enter a file manager window opened with just the "Desktop" visable. And the instructions say after file has been copied to the "true type font", then open font viewer, I tried that, but there isn't a "install" button. So what do I do now?
Sorry to be such a noob.

Acer DeVille

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:21:19 pm

Ignore that last post, I missed a step. Such a NOOB

Wolfman

Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:53:00 am

Hi AD,

here are several tips about updating and installing packages:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Is this solved now?.

Regards Wolfman :D

Acer DeVille