This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] About CPU Frequency Monitor

pp4mnklinux

Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:48:05 pm

Hello every body:

Some time ago I added to my 'awn' the applet called 'CPU FREQUENCY MONITOR' which inform u about the used power and if u right click it - decide the energy option to be used (conservative, on demand, power save and performance)

By default I had 'on demand option' chosen, but I tried the 'performance' one and I'm surprised with the response.

My questions are the following:

How can I configure 'performance' option to be chosen by default. (When I start the PC 'on demand' option appears again, and althougt I only need to change it I wanna know if its possible to configure performance as the default one.

The most important one. Usually when U configure your PC to use all your Mother Board capacity you are going to find inconvenientes (energy consumption, hot, extra work....) PLEASE can you tell me the inconvenients of using the performance option.... I wanna use it, but I have NO INTEREST in broke my PC ;)

If possible, tell me about choose one of the velocities manually ( you have got a list of the possible processor velocities to be used. What its the best to choose) - [It's a very general answer, but please, try to help me.]

THANKS IN ADVANCE :arrow:

pp4mnklinux

Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:25:04 pm

Thanky swarfendor437, I'll wait for your response with real interest.

Have a Nice Day.- CU

pp4mnklinux

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:25:26 pm

Hello everybody:

First of all.- I have found the info at "http://www.pantz.org/" and my question were 'more or less' solved ,. ""[... One of the reasons you might want to do this would be to save energy. This could save you money on your electric bills or battery life on a laptop. It will also lower the temperature of your processor(s) to keep your machine cooler....]""

So I decided not to change the default settings for CPU FREQUENCY MONITOR, although if you want the complete information, you can visit the mentioned page or download the pdf with the info from mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8bbhdewq618bp1f

N.B.- of course I have no interest or beneficts from the download of this file from mediafire, I only uploaded it there to give the users the benefict to obtain the necesary information. If moderators consider this info innecesary please delete the link and that's all. I prefered to upload it instead of include the full document in this forum for space reasons, ;)

THANK IN ADVANCE, I expect this could be useful for you

HAVE A NICE DAY

pp4mnklinux

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:04:21 pm

Hi:

'Apologies for not getting back to you sooner' .- Don't worry at all

Have a nice day.- I think the same about this program.- Thanks