This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Tripple Monitor Issue

dozy van

Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:08:37 pm

When running zorin I have two 21.5" monitors running off the GPU (HD 7970) and one old TV screen 19" running off the mobo.

Currently its just mirroring the 21.5" and the 19" stay's blank. I have no need or use for 2 screens that are doing the same thing. When I uncheck the mirroring Option in "Display" it shows me all 3 monitors and there sizez and I can set the max res that they would normally have on windows or Ubuntu but as soon as I hit apply the system crashes and brings me back to the lock screen with all changes reversed.

EDIT:
other notes. This is a fresh install only changes are Firefox added and I ran the command:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

also the mirroring means for some reason I am locked to 1280 x 1024 screen res when both screens are normally at ( and I can set when I uncheck mirroring) 1920 x 1080. =/

Wolfman

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12:48 am

Hi,

try installing the package "arandr" via the terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install arandr

ARandR is a visual front end for XRandR 1.2/1.3 (per display options), which
provides full control over positioning, saving and loading to/from shell
scripts and easy integration with other applications.

Have you installed any graphics card drivers in the meantime?. What graphics card do you have?, run the following terminal command if you are not sure:

Code:
lspci

and look for this part:

"VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF108 [GeForce GT 430] (rev a1)" (This is my graphics card!!) and try installing the graphics card drivers if you haven't already done so, ss the post install guide and the part about installing the dirvers which is near the top if you don't know how:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054&p=8048#p8048

This might also interest you:

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/10/ubuntu-m ... creen.html

Regards Wolfman :D