This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Timer on mouse

Jetlimaster

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:21:01 pm

Im using for the moment Zorin core 7 32x Very happy and it is working well.
Noticed for mine self im often double opening programs because i cant se if the program started or not. double clicking on desktop shortcuts double opening,,,
Mine computer is not very new so sometimes things start up is slow im okay whit that but in windows you get a mouse cursor looking like timer or similar so you now whey you- clicked on something ..something happened and the comp working.. Anyone now how to make that one on zorin too .
Btw im running zorin in the Gnome no effect mode..Can be that

Jetlimaster

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:31:37 pm

pkey im think im explained it wrong. it is not the theme is the problem it is the behavior.
Im getting sometimes kinds of rotating clock on the curser when im opening a document ,However i don't get any kind of indication im im starting up a program from the desktop or from program starter.
But thx for the nice cursor themes.

Jetlimaster

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:23:28 pm

Thx for the help. only using the normal cursors and they have animation on it .
What im asking for the behavior.
If im starting programs from the desktop like im usually do..old windows habit. it is like no indication if the program started or not. in windows least you se a mouse timer or something indicating you double clicked and progress going on. that a main reason im sometimes double click again thinking nothing happened 1st time.
Anyway to fix this ..it is not a BIG problem just a little bit irritating issue.

Wolfman

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:34:16 am

Hi,

normally you would see a small rotating circle, are you seeing nothing at all??.

Regards Wolfman :D

Jetlimaster

Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:20:13 pm

yepp thats the problem i cant se nothing att all. i can se the rotating circle when tex im opening new documentc in libreoffice or similar , Nothing when im opening upp programs from start

Wolfman

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:21:09 am

Hi,

have you tried running "DPKG" in the recovery menu to see if that fixes the problem, otherwise; I don't have an answer for you sorry!:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Jetlimaster

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:29:26 am

Reinstalled the system and the timer working now >)
Got me logitech wirlesstouch keyboard k400r. Its working wel same windows funtions missing becose the software issue it is fine for me. Have a small problem. the touchpad on it kinde of sensetive, it is any way to remove 1 cklick oppening links programs fron Zorin. remeber in kde you coud do that any simuler option in zorin

Wolfman

Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:37:17 am

Hi Jet,

open your home folder (Nautilus) and go to the cogwheel in the top right corner: Location options > Preferences > Behaviour > Double click to open files.

Jetlimaster

Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:08:47 pm

THx it is solved :=9