This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Zorin 7 32bit and Compiz question

Dirty Penguin

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:38:50 pm

I'm new to the forum. I know a little bit of Linux. I'm a Network Administrator primarily Windows systems. I've used Ubuntu in the past up until 11.04 and played around with Zorin 5.3. I'm very impressed and I like version 7.

Here's my question. I have compiz sort of working but I'm not able to move an open window from one side of the cube to the other. Is this a design issue with Zorin? I was able to do it under Ubuntu. I know that Zorin is built on Ubuntu so I may have some configured incorrectly but I wanted to see if anyone has come across this issue after installation.

Here's another issue. I have a Nvidia GForce 6150SE nForce 430 (onboard) video controller and have compiz working but can only seem to do wobbly windows and not the minimize or maximize effects even after enabling them. None of the other option work either such as fire or water drops on the screen. Do I need updated drivers? And if so how do I do that.

Please let me know if my questions are in the correct category.

EDIT: Got droplets and fire working. Just need help with the way my open windows minimize and maximize and why I can't drag a window from one side of the cube to the other.

Dirty Penguin

Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:30:43 pm

I figured out the issue. This compiz is laid out a little differently. I didn't scroll over far enough to effects>animation>*effect settings* to enable my (Random Animation For All Events).

Thanks for the info... :)