This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

key board shortcut for main menu

art1

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:50:53 am

In zorin os 7 core - How can I use keys to open main menu (like super_L key in other distros)

Wolfman

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:23:10 am

Hi,

good question and I don't have an answer for you, I will ask the devs and get back to you!.

Regards Wolfman :D

larmannjan

Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:30:51 pm

I have the same question. Any news?

Wolfman

Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:05:38 am

Hi,

you can try System Setings > Hardware > Keyboard > Shortcuts but be careful what you do as you might screw up another system key!.
Keyboard_049.jpg

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:07:59 pm

I don't think it is possible peeps! The original project that creates the Menu was called 'GnoMenu' - they have rebranded it as ZorinMenu in 7. So you can now press Windows and Tab to get the Aero effect of windows stack but not the L Super which you can check in Preferences/Preferences but it will not work. The Zorin brothers are trying to keep things stable. I had an issue with this in 6 and got round it by removing gnomenu altogether and then installed gnomenu afresh following the guide on the upubuntu blog - search for upubuntublog/2012/03 and search for Menu in Ubuntu 12.04 - bear in mind 7 is based on 13.04 you COULD lose your Zorin DE! ;)