This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Resize windows Zorin OS 7 - Windows 7 Theme

ktz84

Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53:41 pm

I've just installed the above and when I open up the System Settings the settings window draws the full length of the screen however the bottom part of the screen has a dock and therefore there is settings hidden behind this. I tried clicking on the corners and edges of the window to resize it however I've been unable to work out to resize the window so that I can view all the system settings.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18:56 am

Hi,

I assume you are talking about the AWN panel, take a look about halfway down the post install guide and the part about Avant Window Navigator, you will find the settings explained there:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D

ktz84

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:52:10 pm

Hi Wolfman,

Whilst the AWN panel is what is preventing me from clicking the Users icon on the system settings window it really isn't the issue. My problem is that I can't resize the system settings windows like I can in any other operating system I have used. If I hover over the edges of the system settings window I don't get a resize arrowhead and if I just click the edge anyway and drag in or out it doesn't do anything so I'm confused to how I can actually change the size of that window. Is that covered anywhere?

Many Thanks

Wolfman

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:24:29 pm

Hi,

I misunderstood you a little, try this answer here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/129863/h ... ngs-window

Regards Wolfman :D

pp4mnklinux

Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:02:21 am

Hi:

I had got the same problem time ago, and it happend because of the "awn"configuration.

I know it is not a definite solution, but when it happend to me this is what I did:

When the "awn bar" hides some icon, i click right on it and choose "Dock preferences"

Now I go to "Behavior" button and choose "Intelihide" option so the dock disapeared and only appears when neaded

Now I can click on all buttons and to make it for ever ..... I restarted the PC and when I'm again with Zorin put the mouse on the down side of the screen and when the dock appears , right click on it, 'Behaviour' and then I chose `panel mode' restart again and that's it!

This is a No so `scientific' method, but it worked for me

HAVE A NICE DAY :arrow: