This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin 7 Ultimate, Pinned Apps not staying

hazzbeen

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:51:03 pm

Hey guys, after 'pinning' apps to the top task bar, after closing and re-booting they are not remaining in the task bar

therefore I have to reset/re-pin them all again, the only one that does say is Chrome

ideas on how to fix please

PlepperGuy

Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:12:40 am

Same with Zorin 6.3 x32 (This is actually a AWN issue but hopefully we can get help here)

Wolfman

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:07:29 am

Hi,

if you want things to stay in the top panel, first create a desktop icon and drag it to the top from there, then delete the desktop icon afterwards, that works for me!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

hazzbeen

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:23:31 am

Thanks Wolfman, will give that idea a try

Hazz

Wolfman

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:27:32 am

Hi Hazz,

let us know if it works for you.

Don't forget that AWN is no longer maintained and the devs are using their own version afaik!!.

hazzbeen

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:35:57 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi Hazz,

let us know if it works for you.

Don't forget that AWN is no longer maintained and the devs are using their own version afaik!!.

Yeah mate will do, and yeah as usual I forgot that bit about AWN

regards
Hazz :o :D

Wolfman

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:46:02 am

Hi Hazz,

I forgot to mention that you should do a restart to make sure they stick to the top panel just to be sure!.

hazzbeen

Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:17:47 am

Ok my 'bad'...my confusion between 'DockBarX' and 'LauncherTaskmanager' and what each was suppose to do.

LauncherTaskmanager was NOT there in the task bar, therefore wasn't retaining the pinned applications.....all is good now once LTm

Wolfman

Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:01:09 pm

PlepperGuy wrote:Same with Zorin 6.3 x32 (This is actually a AWN issue but hopefully we can get help here)

Hi,

Hazz has sorted his problem out, are you still having problems?, you can check out the post install guide for more info about what Hazz mentioned and the "Launcher Taskmanager":

For a top panel should you want one, the only item you need to add to the active applets box is "Launcher/Taskmanager" then you can drag any icons to the top panel that you need.
Awn Settings_017.jpg
Awn Settings_017.jpg (28.22 KiB)

see the guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054