This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] [Z7] Language installation impossible?

Deutschländer

Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:49:59 am

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to install the German language in Zorin 7 (64bit), but in "Install/remove languages" it doesn't show any languages. The strange thing is:
- after the installation, I tried installing German but it gave me an error message (which I unfortunately can't reproduce :-( )
- coming from the Windows world, I thought: what the heck, just reboot and try again -> which I did
- after the reboot, no more languages other than English is being shown in "Install/remove languages".

It is a fresh install in a Virtual Box VM, no software has been installed/removed yet.

Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings from Munich, Germany,
Simon

Wolfman

Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:43:35 am

Hi Simon,

schaumal hier/look here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1699

Regards/Gruß Wolfman :D

Deutschländer

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:40:25 pm

Hi Wolfman,

thanks for the quick response. What actually worked was checking the installation sources, as described in viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

After a reboot, the language selector prompted me to "install languages that weren't installed properly", which I did.

Simon

Wolfman

Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:44:39 am

swarfendor437 wrote:Is that avatar really you or a younger Rutger Hauer? :D

Glad you got things sorted!

Or even Christopher Walken!. :D :D

Deutschländer

Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:21:36 pm

lol...it's actually Christopher Walken in his role as "Zorin" in "James Bond: A View to a Kill" (Im Angesicht des Todes)

...I thought the picture fits the name of the Linux distribution :-)