This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Booting Zorin OS

Ikram232

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:10:53 pm

Hey, everyone. So, I started to use Zorin OS 7 Core on my desktop computer. I love it and everything usually do when had Windows XP, I can do it now on Zorin and its faster and I have not even Installed anything and I am enjoying it. One problem I have is when I am booting the computer. It gives me 4 choices:

Zorin OS
Advance Options for Zorin OS
Memory Test
(there was another one but I forgot what it was called.)

and I really do not like this, I just want Zorin OS just to boot, that's all. But, instead, I am presented with this. Someone might accidentally do something bad with the other options so I do I get Zorin OS to boot automatically? Also, this just slows down the boot time for me, even though the Zorin OS boot time is super fast compared to Windows XP. Okay, thanks for reading and please help me out!

Wolfman

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:08:50 pm

Hi,

just set the timeout to "0" per this guide but I don't recommend it as you may one day need advanced options!!:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/148095/h ... boot-entry

Regards Wolfman :D

Ikram232

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:37:00 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

just set the timeout to "0" per this guide but I don't recommend it as you may one day need advanced options!!:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/148095/h ... boot-entry

I press ALT+F2 on the desktop but nothing came up!

Wolfman

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:56:31 pm

Hi,

Alt + F2 doesn't work in Ubuntu 13.04 (Zorin 7), use as Swarf suggests, Ctrl + Alt + t to open a terminal.

pp4mnklinux

Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:46:52 am

Dear Ikram232:

As wolfman said at his first post, It's not useful make the booting time 0 because if you find any problem you cant boot your computer, but there's a "trick" to use it with boot time 0 and with options to choose the system.

I have a zero boot time, because of my family, but my default system for them is windows, so.... when I use the computer, and I'm going to use LINUX, I Power on the computer, and when the booting black screen appears I press the up arrow on my keyboard (situated between letters and numbers pad in your keyboard) so the option to choose an S.O. to start with appears at my computer.

HAVE A NICE DAY