This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Why does google chrome climb up the screen?

maya1101

Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:47:39 pm

Hey there, im new to the forum and to zorin (but have used linux quite a bit) and I have a quick question. Have you ever noticed that on google chrome, if you minimize it, then maximize it again it seems to move up on the screen? If you continue to do it, the window border will leave the screen completely. It cant be in full screen, but in a resizable window view, and if you have not tried, go ahead, minimize it and maximize it a few times and watch it inch its way up. How do you fix that?

It does not do this on firefox by the way, just chrome and chromium.

Wolfman

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:03:00 pm

Hi,

a possible system update might solve the problem, please see the guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wofman :D

maya1101

Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:45:54 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

a possible system update might solve the problem, please see the guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wofman :D

ok, i tired to update the system and it didn't seem to make a difference. I get the feeling it may have something do do with the fact that Chrome uses it's own kind of window border style and I think the issue lies somewhere with Compiz. I am not sure however, but somehow i think compiz doesn't like chrome.

maya1101

Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:30:33 am

Ok well I solved the problem my self. Here is how to fix it. Open chrome, go to settings, under appearance check the box that says "Use system title bar and borders". This solves the issue completely. :D

answered my own question heheh

Wolfman

Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:17:39 am

Hi,

good to hear it, I never even thought about that, it never occured to me!!.

Oddly enough; I noticed that FireFox has a problem when scrolling, it lags a little!!.

Regards Wolfman :D