This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] How to remove Google Earth using Terminal

Anonymous

Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:44:19 pm

OMG; Never ends. - I need to remove Google Earth via Terminal but ot sure how it is done. Can't un-install via Synaptic, it came from an external source. Following this I may get the version described by Madvinegar. --Thx.

Wolfman

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:13:00 pm

Hi,

assuming you installed the deb package direct from the Google Earth website as I suggested to you in your other post:

Code:
sudo apt-get remove google-earth-stable

Edit:

After you run the above command, open your home folder and press "Ctrl + h" which will show hidden files, right click the ".googleearth" file and mark it for deletion/send to trash!. This will ensure that any config files from GE will be deleted too!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:26:55 pm

Yes, thank you, that works. - The alternative version suggested by Madvinegar though, is worse. - Looks like a ball of multicoloured candy-floss, so used your command line to get rid of that also. - May r-etry in the morning. - Getting there, bit by bit. - Thanks.

Wolfman

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:16:18 pm

My previous post has been edited!.

Anonymous

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52:52 am

I suspect that either G-Earth is still a bit flawed, or now needs much bigger graphics cards, or both. - I want it bt now may have to sit on the fence a while. An older version that works o.k. would be good though. Rgds.

Wolfman

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:59:06 am

Hi,

if you PM me with your Email address, I can send you version 6!.