This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] (?) Google Earth still has probs.

Anonymous

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:35:19 am

Have done a fresh install of G-Earth & it really seems flawed, unless it is looking for a bigger & faster Gamers graphics card. - The X.Org nouveau driver is installed.---Seems many Linux users get probs with this one.

Also, when getting the Medibunutu repository, it gave me this message:: WARNING:softwarecenter.db.update:The file: '/usr/share/app-install/desktop/sonic-visualiser:x-sonicvisualiser-layer.desktop' could not be read correctly. The application associated with this file will not be included in the software catalog. Please consider raising a bug report for this issue with the maintainer of that application
WARNING:softwarecenter.db.update:The file: '/usr/share/app-install/desktop/sonic-visualiser:x-sonicvisualiser.desktop' could not be read correctly. The application associated with this file will not be included in the software catalog. Please consider raising a bug report for this issue with the maintainer of that application
WARNING:softwarecenter.db.update:The file: '/usr/share/app-install/desktop/workrave:workrave.desktop' could not be read correctly. The application associated with this file will not be included in the software catalog. Please consider raising a bug report for this issue with the maintainer of that application
Software catalog update was successful.
Setting up app-install-data-medibuntu (10.10.0) ...
Setting up apport-hooks-medibuntu (2) ...
laurence@zorin:~$

Wolfman

Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:47:57 am

Hi,

do not worry too much about the message from Medibuntu!. I ignore it and don't have problems myself!.

Check your other threads about my offer for GE6.

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:49:25 pm

Looking for GE6 & I was prompted to load a few things. After the 1st lot, G.E. worked well, so I then loaded (terminal again) the stuff marked for Zorin 7, and did the Recovery, then soft boot (alt-cntrl-enter) and now G.E. is totally dead.

Anonymous

Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50:08 pm

Must have been looking in the wrong places.

Anonymous

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:06:15 pm

WORKING AGAIN.(ALMOST fine..) - Redid the earlier part of the installation re B&W image, 3rd page of that subject Don't think I raised that one. - On checking Synaptic again, it claims I am now using Nvidia binary Xorg driver, Kernel module and VPAU library from Nvidia-304 (open source)..
Works better but still will not open any photos in all those tiny links. Maybe GE 6 would work here. Do not know.

Wolfman

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:04:06 pm

Hi,

GE7 doesn't work with pics because it is faulty and that is why I offered to send you GE6 via Email if you want it!!.

madvinegar

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:19:09 pm

GE 7.1 has the problems.
GE 7.0 works fine in all aspects (no crashes, pics, etc.)

Anonymous

Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:17:11 am

G.E.6, via e-mail would be great. Do you wish me to put my e-mail address up, or do you do it through this site? - Thanks.

Wolfman

Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:00:04 am

Hi,

PM me your Email address, don't put it out here!.

@MV, I think it has something to do with regional variations as I have both English and German versions and neither work fully, you I think have a Greek version if I remember correctly!.

Wolfman

Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:19:23 pm

Hi,

check your Email inbox!.

Anonymous

Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:48:46 am

Have kept an eye on the inbox all day & seen nothing yet. - Rgds.

Wolfman

Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:52:22 pm

Hi,

delivery failed, :cry: see your PM inbox for details, file too big!.

Anonymous

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:58:35 am

I may have to abandon G.E. for the moment. - At least the version I have is semi-usable. - No photos even though I have enabled them. - Will keep looking for G.E.6 bit by bit.Many sites out there claim to have it (Windows only) & some a blind for something else. -Have noticed a few sites that claim G.E. is fundamentally flawed when it comes to Ubuntu, or other Linux packages. At the end of the day, it must be seen as a Google Earth problem, and not Zorin. Will simply have to keep looking for v6.2 & try that. --Regards.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:13:39 am

Hi,

according to the heading, this is version 6!:

http://www.google.com/earth/download/ge/

Anonymous

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:24:21 am

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

according to the heading, this is version 6!:

http://www.google.com/earth/download/ge/

Thanks for that BUT, it seems much the same. Un-installed the other version via terminal per your earlier post, and put this new one in. - It works, slightly jerky, and will not open pix, like the other version. - Seems it gives many people a hard time in many forms of Linux, from what I have seen. - The first time I had it was in Ubuntu 9.10 (same graphics card) and it was good. - In all distros since, it has been flaky. Thanks for the help anyway. As I noted earlier, obviously not a Zorin problem, but Google developers themselves. -- Regards.

Wolfman

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:09:39 am

Hi,

try running "DPKG" per this guide and see if that helps your "jerky" system:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

A network cable is required for the above!!.