This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Language in menu items

Andre_Amorim

Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:15:42 pm

Hello,
I installed the Zorin OS 7, and i have a small problem - the items in zorin menu (Home Folder; Documents; Music; ...) are not translated, once i am portuguese, i don't want the menu items stay in english!

How i can manually change the menu labels?

Wolfman

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:53:24 am

Hi,

please see this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1699

Regards Wolfman :D

Andre_Amorim

Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:06:26 am

swarfendor437 wrote:As to the menu's you can right-click the 'Z' button and 'manually' edit each application, replacing (i.e., renaming) with the correct Portuguese name of the App. :D

Thanks for your replay ;)
But my problem is not the apps. Is those items called:
Home Folder
Documents
Picture
Music
Videos
Recent Items
Computer
Network
Connect to

How i can translate them???

Wolfman

Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:59:53 pm

Hi,

you must remove the English language completely then you should be able to change the folder settings when you restart, read the guide again near the bottom!.

Andre_Amorim

Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:22:12 pm

Wolfman wrote:you must remove the English language completely then you should be able to change the folder settings when you restart, read the guide again near the bottom!

Hi Wolfman, thanks for your patience! :roll:

I put the language Portuguese (Portugal) as a primary language, Portuguese (Brazil) as secondary, and English as last. As you can see in the image below:

After doing this, he downloaded some packages translation, I restarted my pc ... then came a message saying if I wanted to update the name of the folders ...

And although he translated almost the entire operating system .... those menu items are still in English and not in Portuguese :(

Do you have another solution? :?

Wolfman

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:21:57 pm

Hi,

install the package "localepurge" to rid your PC of all unwanted language packages!!. Select which packages you wish to keep during the installation of the package (localepurge), you need to make sure that all the different packages for the same language are marked if there are more than one package!!. In your case, only select Portuguese!.

Wolfman

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:31:30 am

Hi,

I forgot to point out that you must also do the following if things don't work out correctly:

"If your language still doesn't change; you need to open: > System Settings > Hardware > Keyboard > Layout Settings > Formats and select your language from the list and restart your PC:"
Region & Language_022.jpg

The above is also in the guide!.