This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Lucky Backup

geoffh

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:19:46 am

Hi.

I am new to Linux - I'm looking to replace a couple of aged Windows XP systems with the Zorin OS 7 version of Linux.

Do you know if the "Lucky Backup" software works with Zorin? If so, how do I download it?

I guess, specifically, I want a utility which will do a complete dump of my total system & data (I am happy for it to be a fresh snapshot each time, i.e. not bothered with incremental backups, much as anything 'cos I will probably be setting up similar for some friends & family whose PC's are coming to the end of their XP life.... and keeping things simple is the name of the game for this one).

Regards.

Geoff H.

Wolfman

Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:17:31 am

Hi Geoff,

yes it is in the Ubuntu repositories so you are okay, I don't use it myself but it is easy to install with the terminal command:

Code:
sudo apt-get install luckybackup

Or you can install it via Synaptic or Ubuntu Software Center.

Regards Wolfman :D

geoffh

Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:58:34 am

Much appreciated Wolfman - that worked a treat (incidentally, I tried "Code: Select All" but that was rejected, however, the installation nevertheless worked).

Many thanks.

Geoff H.

Wolfman

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:57:36 am

geoffh wrote:Much appreciated Wolfman - that worked a treat (incidentally, I tried "Code: Select All" but that was rejected, however, the installation nevertheless worked).

Many thanks.

Geoff H.

Hi Geoff,

as Swarf pointed out, the "Select All" option does what it says, you still have to right click and copy & paste it as a command in a terminal!.

Regards Wolfman :D

geoffh

Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:44:27 am

Thanks (for the Copy & Paste tip) guys - this sort of tip is most welcome as I start on a new OS.... is that "exciting, or what??!! : 0