This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Problem creating new empty document in Zorin 7 Core 32

nelyz

Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:41:15 am

Hi everyone,

I've used Zorin 6.3 for few months and I've become a huge fun of this beautiful distribution. Planning to move my wife and my sister to Zorin too, I've discovered that in Zorin 7 Core 32 I can't create a new empty document anymore. This option is missing from contextual menu. I did not found anything related to this issue neither in Zorin Help nor in Internet. I've check if this issue is coming from Ubuntu 13.04 but there everything seems to work as usual. Can anyone help me with this pls. Sorry for my poor English. 10x

nelyz

Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:28:32 pm

There's nobody familiar with Zorin OS here? I ask the question in the wrong place? Nobody else has this problem? I need a simple answer: How to create a new empty documents in Zorin OS 7 Core 32. I suppose that at least Admins or Mods should know the answer to this issue. 10x again.

madvinegar

Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:53:29 am

If not already installed, go here http://ubuntu-tweak.com/ and download/install ubuntu tweak.
Open it and go to admins tab > scripts.
You will see two lists. A list on the left named "enabled scripts" and a list on the right named "disabled scripts".
From the list on the right you will find and click on "text document" and you will drag it and drop it on the list on the left. (i.e. you will move it from the disabled scripts to the enabled scripts.)
That's it. Now close ubuntu tweak and next time you will right click your mouse, you will get the option to create a blank text document.

Fyi by following the same guide you can also add presentation document, odt document, create launcher etc.

Wolfman

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:21:39 am

Hi,

to create a new doc, Zorin Menu > Office > Libreoffice Writer > Right click and "Create Desktop Shortcut" which will open a new doc each time you click on it!!.

Regards Wolfman :D