This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

help me!! Can't run .sh file

thodan36a

Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:47:58 am

On zorin7
I can't create shortcut on Desktop.
and, run .sh file with Teminal. (have sudo chmod a+x). but only open with Text editor. can't set teminal to open it????

madvinegar

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:28:55 pm

You will open nautilus. On the bar of nautilus you will open File > preferences > behaviour tab and you will select on executable doc files the first choise which says: "execute executable doc files when opened".
Close nautilus and try again to run the .sh file.

thodan36a

Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:27:08 am

madvinegar wrote:You will open nautilus. On the bar of nautilus you will open File > preferences > behaviour tab and you will select on executable doc files the first choise which says: "execute executable doc files when opened".
Close nautilus and try again to run the .sh file.

thanks. I have run the file .sh :)
cant you help me!
- create an shorcut or launcher on Desktop. don't see on right mouse menu?
- Open run (Alt +F2) does not work????? I don't know what it is replaced!!!!

Wolfman

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:03:04 am

Hi,

if you are running Zorin 7, Alt + F2 doesn't work and you can open a terminal with Ctrl + Alt + t.

If you want a terminal option in Nautilus, install the package "nautilus-open-terminal", via a terminal with the following command:

Code:
sudo apt-get install nautilus-open-terminal

Have the packages you downloaded been fully extracted or are they still zipped?, if not, right click the package and select "Extract here" then right click and go to permissions and make file executable.

Regards Wolfman :D

madvinegar

Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:44:36 am

thodan36a wrote:- create an shorcut or launcher on Desktop. don't see on right mouse menu?

I copied a previous post of mine:

If not already installed, go here http://ubuntu-tweak.com/ and download/install ubuntu tweak.
Open it and go to admins tab > scripts.
You will see two lists. A list on the left named "enabled scripts" and a list on the right named "disabled scripts".
From the list on the right you will find and click on "text document" and you will drag it and drop it on the list on the left. (i.e. you will move it from the disabled scripts to the enabled scripts.)
That's it. Now close ubuntu tweak and next time you will right click your mouse, you will get the option to create a blank text document.

Fyi by following the same guide you can also add presentation document, odt document, create launcher etc.