This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Strange Skype Behaviour (Z-7, 64 BIT)

Anonymous

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:08:26 am

Installed Skype per last query, using method described by madvinegar, but odd things are happening.: - After download, I noticed it falter a bit when installing via the software centre. It appeared to install, faltered, and then indicated "instal", so I did it again. - It repeated this, so I looked in Applications, Internet, and there it was, so I logged in. Had a look, minimised it & forgot it for a while. Then I noticed the 'log off' sound & saw someone disappear. - Went looking for the minimised program & could not find it. - Opened it from Apps, internet, to be told it is already open & before I can open it again, I must log out. - Trouble is, it does not show up in either my top or bottom panel, so I can not log out or close it. - Rgds.

Anonymous

Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:30:13 am

Almost solved, simply re-started the computer, but did not see where it hides when it is on and can't be found.

madvinegar

Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:30:59 pm

Follow the solution (ticked) on this thread.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/151112/h ... panel-tray

Wolfman

Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:13:59 am

Hi,

in Zorin 7, you need to add another panel in Win 7 look otherwise you lose things like Skype, see the post install guide as to how under the section: More info about the AWN (Avant Window Manger)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D