This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

display resolution screen size

tj1776

Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:04:20 pm

I have a Gigabyte Nvidia graphics card, but I cannot use the settings available on the card. Zorin limits the display settings and I can not view the edges of the desktop or web page, which means I can not scroll! How can I adjust the screen size to fit my display?

Wolfman

Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:25:30 am

Hi,

see also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

What version of Zorin are you running and have you fully updated?:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

Regards Wolfman :D

tj1776

Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:30:12 pm

Following the instruction I found from Wolfman, I went to system settings, but there is no `hardware' so I could not take it any further. So far I've given 15 hours trying to get Zorin working and no luck it won't even down load from the software center. It says check my internet connection, which is working fine!

Wolfman

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:35:58 am

Hi,

run "DPKG" per the update guide first using a network cable connection, don't use the software center yet!.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

The other alternative is to run the following terminal command to fully update your system:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Let us know if this helps.

tj1776

Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:41:10 pm

I can not find any information how to boot into recovery mode with Zorin 7.0. Is there a Dummies Book for Zorin?
There really needs to be basic instructions available. I've spent about $300 worth of my time on this FREE software!
I give up!!!!!

Wolfman

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:38:17 am

tj1776 wrote:I can not find any information how to boot into recovery mode with Zorin 7.0. Is there a Dummies Book for Zorin?
There really needs to be basic instructions available. I've spent about $300 worth of my time on this FREE software!
I give up!!!!!

Hi,

the instructions are in the first part of the link I posted earlier:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2247

If you only have Zorin installed; you will not see a menu but need to press the "Shift" key to access it (the recovery menu) during the very first part of the boot phase!.