This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]-- DVD Styler (2.3.4)

Anonymous

Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:32:44 am

Not so sure that this is the correct place for this, but would love it if anyone knows how to set up DVD Styler, v 2.3.4.. The old version I had was great, it almost worked automatically (v 1.8.x) but the newer version I got when I switched to Z 7 is a pig of a thing. - There is an extra drop down box on the opening page that needs one to set one of the following: 'CALL ROOT MENU, CALL LAST MENU, OR PLAY NEXT TITLE. ---Then each menu item had a swag of stuff like this, but in the old version it self set every menu item to: 'CALL VMGM MENU 1', and worked well.-- - -I put a drive into the computer with this old version, but where it once worked like a charm, it no longer does. - It has not been maintained since about Linux Mint 11. (a few years.)

I went to the Help, & Contents with the new version, but the instructions seem to be for yet an even older version. No up to date extra stuff in there. - In desperation, spent a bit of the afternoon trying out Bombono. - 3 hours & a dvd that does not play is no fun. - This type of software really drains the time away fast, especially if it does not work. - Any help appreciated but I realise it may be outside the scope of the forum. -- Regards.

Wolfman

Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:13:57 am

Hi,

you can install it direct from here:

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/tag/dvdstyler/

Regards Wolfman :D

Anonymous

Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:01:58 am

Thanks, I have already managed to get it though still a bit flaky and as before, the latest instructions are outdated. Have managed to do a DVD however, strangely enough by ceasing to drag n drop the files into the project and using the add (+) button to add the files, then create an ISO image, and burn that. All files first had to be transcoded into Mpeg2.- Thanks to Handbrake which worked straight off. --- Never had to do that in the past. - Styler is software with enormous potential that needs a lot more work, and fast. -- Likewise, learning the benefits of Openshot. It seems to be going places & is a bit more reliable for trimming clips than AvidemuxGTK+ which seems to dislike some fle types. -GETTING THERE; THANKS.

Anonymous

Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:24:27 am

It has been a few months now & must say, am having a good run with DVD Styler 2.5.2 . -- Most recommended!