This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 7 Lite -- Resume Problem

ByeByeXP

Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:59:53 am

Greetings to all!

I have successfully installed the current 7-lite .iso on older hardware (Intel-mobo, Athlon 2800, 1GB Ram, 100GB HDD, built-in Ethernet (VIA-Rhine) & Video (VIA)). Everything worked fine (even suspend & resume, which so far hung on every other Ubuntu-based flavor I've tested!) except for re-activating Ethernet upon resume. That i got to work after a few tweaks (changed to auto-ethernet setting).

This morning, a kernel update from the .iso's 3.8.0-29 kernel to the 3.8.0-30 kernel came through. Following the install & reboot, the previously-working "resume from sleep" is now BROKEN: all vital signs of a properly running system show (num-lock light toggles ok, usb-mouse's light stays lit, HDD-light shows activity), but the display switches to "no signal" after waking up initially, and there's no discernable keyboard or mouse focus either. A hard reset (power-switch press for 5 secs) is required to turn the system off (risking corruption of the file systems). Subsequent re-booting works just fine, and system is again fully operational. All the major logs look ok, too (to me anyway, a nuB).

Suggestions a nuB to Linux can follow?

Wolfman

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:27:07 am

Hi and welcome to the forum,

firstly; the resume thingy has been causing problems on Ubuntu based systems for ages, if you take a look at answer #5 here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1173742

It may hold a solution to the problem, other than that; I suggest you don't use it (the resume function) because it will most likely cause you headaches again when you don't need them!, it is much easier to log out if you want security whilst away from your PC!.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. :oops:

Regards Wolfman :D