This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED]How 2 install zorin 6.2 lite on smaller windows part

pion33r

Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:09:08 am

I have a netbook emachines em350 currently it has windows xp on it. It is also partitioned, 55gb on drive c and 105gb on drive d. I plan to dual boot with xp but when I'm about to install, I notice that it choose to install at drive D. The drive where I placed all my files, music, games, videos, pictures, ect. I don't wanna risk it. Is their any option to install it on drive c?

BTW at the buttom it says "1 smaller partition is hidden, use advanced partitioning tool for more control." After I clicked it. It become more complicated.
Lastly is this LTS? :D

Thank you.

pion33r

Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:44:25 am

Thank you so much for the reply. I already figure it out how to install it on the desire drive.
Incase someone will ask or have the same question as I do this is how.
Open file manager >> Mount the drive that you don't want zorin to be installed. In my case I mount drive D and leave drive C unmounted.
then proceed to installation. When you get prompted to unmounted the drive select "NO"
This alteast works in my case. I don't know about others.

pion33r

Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:36:02 am

Yup. It's more like reverse in nature. The drive you will mount is the drive that zorin 6.2 will not touch. That's why I need drive d mounted. By default both d and c are not mounted and it always choose d, maybe because it's a larger partition compare to c. ^_^

Wolfman

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:41:49 am

Hi,

just for info, you can check out this partitioning guide:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

Can we mark this as solved now?.

Regards Wolfman :D

pion33r

Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:39:24 am

Yes of course this is solved. :D