This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Default Zorin Image Viewer

pp4mnklinux

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:17:30 am

Hello everybody:

Last Sunday, my brother uninstalled the default zorin image viewer. Although I know I can install a lot of programs which made this function, I'm used to Zorin default one, so please, Can you tell me the name of the default zorin image viewer to install it again.

Thanks a lot in advance

(Related with this question, and to prevent future questions related with this item.... Can u tell me where I can find a list of Zorin 6.2 default installed software??)

:arrow:

Wolfman

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:34:16 am

Hi,

System Setings > System > Details > Default Applications gives you a shortlist of the main default apps, "Image Viewer" is the default pic app.

I don't know what other default apps are installed, you will have to ask the devs on that one:
Details_045.jpg

I made "Firefox" my default web browser!!. Normal default would be Google Chrome as it is installed by default!.

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:53:48 am

Hi, I would open synaptic package manager - (Menu | System Tools | Administration | Synaptic Package Manager). Then in the search bar, look for 'image viewer'.

As for the list of what is on 6.2 I would check on 'distrowatch.com' and search for Zorin - there is usually a list of included apps at the bottom of the entry.

pp4mnklinux

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:04:26 pm

For sure it's my fault, because I didn't explain well myself.

I know how to change the default applications to use with each file, but I want to know the name of the original installed application to see images.

That is... when u clean install zorin, what is the name of the default image viewer to download it (because I uninstalled it some days ago)

THANKS

Swarfendor437

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:09:19 pm

And I am just as bad - you would not know as you uninstalled it (or your brother did!).

The package is 'eog' (Eye of Gnome). Install via Synaptic as advised.

Auldyin

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:36:21 pm

Hi

I'm using Zorin 6.4 on USB stick the default viewer is Shotwell.

Why don't you look in Software Centre - History - Removals to see what has been removed.

Cheers Auldyin

:D :D :D :D :D :D

pp4mnklinux

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:32:59 am

Thank you very much for all your help.

I solved it using Wolfman solution to configure photoxx as my default image viewer and installing Shotwell as Auldyin suggested.

Related with the solution of looking at soft manager history, is a good solution but unuseful for me because I don't know the day my brother unistallled it. And I don't know why , but 'eog' continues appearing in my list of programs, (all about it except the `eog plugins') so I use Shotwell and solved with photoxx and default image viewer

THANKS A LOT

Wolfman

Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:02:10 am

Hi,

I know this is solved but here is a link with the main software listed for Zorin:

http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=zorin

Regards Wolfman :D