This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help with screenshot properties

Jaime

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:38:19 pm

Okay, so here's a new question. I would like to know where can we change the screenshot properties permanently? The reason is that I have found that I can't copy files to my nas with the long names that are being generated by the screenshot program which means I have to rename each screenshot which is a pain since I tend to use this a lot. I want to cut the time off and maybe just call it screenshot with the date and nothing else to make it more manageable. Here's an example of what I'm currently getting. Funny thing, I can't even attach the screenshot as this system won't allow it either, so I'm hoping there is a fix for this. I also forgot to mention, I want to make the files smaller as the program is currently generating large files. It's generating meg files instead of kb. I use another program in windows that generates pretty small files and I could have swore the linux one did too, but not any more.

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:50:51 pm

Hi there, I am afraid you have to change it when it is highlighted in the 'Screenshot' box - to save on space, once saved, open in image viewer, then mark as '.jpg' - you may want to install 'Shutter' and use that for screenshots - I can't remember if you can change th default save to '.jpg' or not - most screenshot apps tend to save as '.png' files by default which leads to the bigger size:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v385833212XzmANbj

Jaime

Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:09:50 am

Thanks. I'll give shutter a test. If I find anything on the other properties I'll be sure to note them.

Wolfman

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:48:18 am