This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Gnome

pp4mnklinux

Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56:10 pm

Hello everybody:

When I choose . Menu, system tools, Zorin Look Changer and choose the GNOME 2 option, in the upper-side bar appears some direct acces, but I don't want some of them to appears.

How I can decide which icons to show (add or remove)

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:14:24 pm

Hi, if you have 'dconf-editor' installed I think you may have to access the panels that way - not sure how you would remove the bits you don't want! Perhaps Wolfman can assist or our ace new moderator, Gizmuntu! :D

spavila

Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:40:27 pm

See the following link for more information to modify the GNOME2 menu bar in Zorin OS 6.

http://myzorinos6manual.blogspot.com/20 ... -menu.html

Anonymous

Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:55:19 am

pp4mnklinux : This my very first time helping on the forum, hope I have everything you need in order.

If I remember right this not the actual Gnome 2 panel we all know and admire.
To make changes in the actual Gnome 2, all one had to do is point the arrow in the area of interest on the panel and right click on the mouse to make your changes ect.
Being this is actually Gnome 3 one has to press and hold the " Windows Key " + " Alt Key " + " Right Clicking the Mouse to make your changes within the panel.
This is to be done when deleting > adding > moving applets > resizing panel > Changing the look within the " Gnome 3 Panel " !!
To make some limited changes within the " indicator Applet "
The changes can be done from " dconf-editor " >

Main Menu > System Tools > Deconf-Editor > Com > Canonical > Indicator > ________.

Objective ; What can be accomplished.
Remove Panel
Add Panel
Move Panel
Add Applet
Remove Applet
Move Applet
Tweak Indicator Applet
Here's Screenshot to help visualize where things are located.

In case you don't have either installed !!

Open Terminal Ctrl + Alt + t

Code:
sudo apt-get install dconf-tools

Wolfman

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:50:32 am

Hi,

see this section in the post install guide:

"Adding icons to the Gnome 2 top panel including links for those that don't have a "Super (Windows) Key":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D

spavila

Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:59:57 pm

You could also give GNOME Shell a try. Open a terminal and type:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnome-shell

Here are some screen shots (see link below):
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1809&start=60#p20299

pp4mnklinux

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:32:00 am

Hi:
This was your first post, and your help (" press and hold the " Windows Key " + " Alt Key " + " Right Clicking the Mouse to make your changes within the panel.") gave me the solution.

So for your satisfaction, your first post was really fantastic for me. Thanks a lot and continue with your recently started new `work`

HAVE A NICE DAY !!