This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

iphone5 help

Jbonhome4

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:05:55 pm

Hello I'm looking to get Zorin-OS Ultimate Edition to replace my Windows 7 but am having a big problem the free edition I like it but every time i try to connect it to my computer it doesn't allow me to access it and i keep getting an error message that it is locked by a passcode and i cant get into anything on my phone i am running and iphone5 firmware 7.0.2 if there is anyway to fix this problem i would appreciate the help and would love to get Zorin-Os 7 Ultimate but without access to my iphone i have no way to put new music or videos on it or import my photos directly and another error it gives me is unhandled lockdown error (-256) please get back to me at my email address [removed to protect poster from spam emails!]please and thankyou

Swarfendor437

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:11:22 pm

No guarantees but:

1. Menu | System Tools | Administration | Synaptic Package Manager - you will be asked for your login password to elevate your privileges to 'root' (Administrator)

2. search for iPhone:

iPhone.jpg

Select the applications that meet your needs then click on 'Apply' to install. Keep us posted.

Jbonhome4

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:31:41 am

no it is still giving me the same problem

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:13:02 pm

I think it could be because you are running the latest iOS - Apple are noted for trying to prevent non-Apple platforms from communicating as much as possible - this may change in the future but I don't know when.

Jbonhome4

Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:13:34 am

Swarfendor437 i think your right because its not accessing the internet its actually being able to access my files in zorin or have an app like rhythembox access my iphone

Wolfman

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:35:06 am

Hi,

I deleted my other post as I misread the subject matter again!, here is something for you:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2157148

Regards Wolfman :D

zero7

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:21:33 pm

Salut
Même problème qu'au dessus,mais avec sony. Impossible d'envoyer mes photos sur le bureau sauf quelques une et je ne sais pas pourquoi certaines et pas d'autres. En revanche impossible d'envoyer un dossier complet et contenant plusieurs photos à destination du bureau. Les quelques photos que j'ai réussi a envoyer sur le bureau , je les ai mise sous forme de dossiers , et là aussi impossible de les remettre dans mon fichier DCIM . J'ai appliqué ce que dit Swarfendor437 plus haut , et j'ai installé tout ce qui touche mon sony . Rien ne change même après redémarrage du PC Merci à celle ou celui qui trouve la formule.
PS en ouvrant DCMI les miniatures ne s'ouvrent pas avec mon ancien OS elles s'ouvrent

Anonymous

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:33:14 pm

zero7 wrote:Salut
Même problème qu'au dessus,mais avec sony. Impossible d'envoyer mes photos sur le bureau sauf quelques une et je ne sais pas pourquoi certaines et pas d'autres. En revanche impossible d'envoyer un dossier complet et contenant plusieurs photos à destination du bureau. Les quelques photos que j'ai réussi a envoyer sur le bureau , je les ai mise sous forme de dossiers , et là aussi impossible de les remettre dans mon fichier DCIM . J'ai appliqué ce que dit Swarfendor437 plus haut , et j'ai installé tout ce qui touche mon sony . Rien ne change même après redémarrage du PC Merci à celle ou celui qui trouve la formule.
PS en ouvrant DCMI les miniatures ne s'ouvrent pas avec mon ancien OS elles s'ouvrent

Hi
Same problem as above, but with sony. Can not send my pictures on the desktop except a few and I do not know why some and not others. However not send a complete file containing multiple images to the desktop. The few pictures I managed to send to the office, I put in folders, and again could not be restored in my DCIM file. I applied that Swarfendor437 said earlier, and I installed everything that touches my sony. Nothing changes even after restarting the PC thanks to the one who found the formula.
PS opening DCMI thumbnails do not open with my old OS they open

Swarfendor437

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:04:06 pm

zero7 wrote:Salut

The advice I gave was for i-Phone - not for Sony! ;)

Les conseils que j'ai donné étaient pour i-Phone - pas pour Sony !

Jbonhome4

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:35:38 pm

wolfman thank you but the virtualbox was very unstable and was trying but couldn't load my iphone on it i guess im going to have to wait till and update comes along for it- but thank you so much for trying to help

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:53:06 pm

Don't know if this will help?:

http://www.bitsbythepound.com/tethering ... 0-422.html

Bear in mind this is for 'Oneiric' (11.10) not 'Precise Pangolin' (12.04 = Zorin 6) or 'Raring Ringtail' (13.04 = Zorin 7)