This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) Zorin with Themes

larmannjan

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:40:01 pm

Hi,
I installed the mediterraneanLight theme and the Faenza (icon) themes. However there some issues with it. THe ozrin icon menu is back to the ubuntu one. HOw can I fix that. ALso there is some inconsistency in the bottom panel.

Screenshot from 2013-10-09 16_20_05.jpg

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:32:00 pm

It could be that there are 'inconsistencies' between 'faenza dark' and 'mediterranean light' themes! :D

As for getting the Z back - right click the Z and select 'Preferences' then click on the 'preferences' tab and make sure that 'use distributor logo instead of theme' is checkmarked.

I am also wondering if in Update Manager, settings are set to 'Upgrade to newest release of Ubuntu' - this should be set to 'Never' ;)

larmannjan

Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:41:50 pm

thanks the button is now back.
Even if I have the default icon them i still get the weird effects in my image

larmannjan

Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:33:16 am

Is there a way to recolor the pannel? I could just make it the same shade of gray in it would look the same

Anonymous

Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:07:32 am

I made it even easier for you.
I made the theme from scratch.
You have to install the tar.gz " Awn Panel Theme " > I left for you.<
If needed ,Wolfman or one of the others can tell you how to install/modify the theme.
Have to head off to my morning task.
I'll check back later on you !!!!

Gizzy :D :D

Note. The tar.gz file for the " Awn Panel Theme " is part of and directly at the top of the Screenshot.

Anonymous

Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:50:56 pm

If you still haven't fixed the issue with getting the ( Z ) back with the included checked icon theme.
There's away around that.
Let me know !!!!

Gizzy

Wolfman

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:18:52 am

larmannjan wrote:Is there a way to recolor the pannel? I could just make it the same shade of gray in it would look the same

Hi,

check out the post install guide "More info about the AWN (Avant Window Manger)":

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

and then the part "Changing AWN themes:".

Regards Wolfman :D

larmannjan

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:14:35 pm

Thank for the theme upload. Thanks Wolfman. I got ti to work now.