This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Simple scan image file type

Jaime

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:25:07 am

I was just scanning a document with my usb scanner, not my brother all in one fax and noticed that the image scanned is a pdf format. Am I wrong or wasn't this used to be png formats? I figured it would be a bit hard editing a pdf in gimp, but at least I can crop with my usb scanner. I can't seem to do that with my brother program in windows which annoyed me. I don't see any options to change this type, but I'm just curious. Thanks.

Wolfman

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:06:56 am

Hi,

are you using Simple Scan or Xsane to scan?.

http://www.slideshare.net/nbpl/scanning-at-nbpl

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ScanningHowTo

Regards Wolfman :D

Jaime

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:20:04 am

Thanks. I'm using simple scan which is what was installed by default in zorin. I could have swear I got the opposite of what that first link has. Meaning I think I changed from text to a picture and got a pdf. I'll have to do that to check and see if that's the case. Sorry I just haven't used any of these in a long time so I was a bit puzzled when I went to use it.

Update. Okay I just did a test and scanning text will create a pdf and scanning a photo creates a jpg file. Thanks for that info. I didn't realized you get a different file type depending on what type you chose to scan until today.

Wolfman

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:31:25 am

Good, can we mark this as solved?.

Jaime

Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:21:55 pm

Sure, but I can't seem to find that solved button...:) I just read that I need to edit my very first line. So does this mean you don't have a solved button on this forum? I'll go ahead and type it in, but I'm curious about this. I tried doing the same thing for another post with a long subject line, but I can only fit one letter so I can't do it which is another reason I'm asking if there's an automated solved button.Thanks.

Wolfman wrote:Good, can we mark this as solved?.

Wolfman

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:13:10 am

Hi Jamie,

true enough there is no solved button and it can be difficult to fit in the word "Solved" in the theme topic subject line!. Your problem is solved and that is the main thing!.