This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Mouse scrolling not working

bozonius

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:50:56 pm

I am running Zorin 7 in a VirtualBox VM (with the latest and greatest Guest Additions). Mouse scrolling works on host and ALL other VMs (and used to on Zorin 6.2, but I have deleted that to save space). I've looked for some tool to configure this, but I have not found it.

What might be causing this and how might I fix this?

bozonius

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30:04 pm

Never mind I figured out.

The guest additions had been installed, and they were available, but not loaded. The second after I rebuilt the GA's, the modules loaded and the scrolling started working.

I built and installed the GA's when I first finished the install weeks ago. Why weren't the GAs loaded properly? This works correctly on all of my other VMs.

bozonius

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:59:50 am

Actually, I think the whole issue is I did not have dkms installed. So every time there is a kernel update (which has been frequently lately), the modules don't get rebuilt automatically. That is probably why after I manually rebuilt them, the VBox additions worked properly (got my scroll back).

I have installed dkms on zorinos so this problem should go away if that was the whole problem after all.