This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Firefox icon

msrmf

Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:55:14 pm

I downloaded FF to 6.4 assumed would put icon on task bar next to chrome didn't. Tried to put one all I could find was put on desk did that put a generic icon on desk that wouldn't even work, would say unknown created something. I used browser manager to load if I remove and download from software center will I get icon in task bar?

larmannjan

Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:43:51 pm

Search for Firefox in the menu. Right click on it to create a desktop shortcut. Then drag the desktop shortcut to the task bar

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:17:42 pm

1. Whatever app you want a shortcut on the bar for, right click in the menu and select 'Add shortcut to desktop' - if you want the desktop shortcut to execute, right-click it, select properties, then check mark 'run as a program'

2. Next, left-click the desktop shortcut, and still holding the left mouse button, drag down to the panel - job done. Click on it to make sure it works - if there is an issue with the panel shortcut, please report back for further instructions.

msrmf

Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:59:46 am

Thanks guys, now that proper FF icon is in task bar can I send the generic (piece of paper with corner folded up) desktop one to trash without removing the bar one?

Wolfman

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:27:13 am

Hi,

info about AWn is in this section "More info about the AWN (Avant Window Manger)" of the post install guide:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:55:04 am

msrmf wrote:Thanks guys, now that proper FF icon is in task bar can I send the generic (piece of paper with corner folded up) desktop one to trash without removing the bar one?

You should just be able to delete the desktop icon without any problems - it is in no way linked to the panel one. If you have any issues, please post back.

Wolfman

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:51:42 am

Hi,

is this solved now?.

Regards Wolfman :D