This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Putting three jpg images in one page?

Jaime

Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:54:00 pm

Today I scanned three images that I would like to put in one page that I can print. Unfortunately the only thing I can do in gimp is crop and resize, which is all l ever do in there. I tried putting the images there but can't really figure out how to do that. So I tried going the shotwell route but that doesn't seem to have many options. I also tried making a pdf but I still get three pages. Does anyone have any suggestions on a simple way to do this? I think picasa had a collage option, but I don't want the images all over the page at different angles. I would like to just put x number of images on one page I can print and use. I'm liking the option of making jpg or pdf files from the scans, that's very cool. I'm attaching a screenshot of the three images in shotwell. I guess I can try libreoffice now since I forgot, but maybe someone knows of a program that can easily do this better, or another way. I just noticed the image looks funky since it moved in gimp.

Jaime

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:07:17 pm

Good news, I managed to do it with libreoffice Draw, man I feel rusty doing any of this stuff so I hope it helps someone else. I forgot about another program called avsnap, but it's for windows only so I'll try to run in in wine. I still haven't been able to get nanocad to run there either. Both of these are windows program so I'll update if avsnap works.

Jaime

Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:14:05 pm

Hey look at that, avsnap seems to work. Not that I use it, but when I did try it it had some very nice things you could do with it. I guess I'll try nanocad again since I did it before the updates came in. Although now firefox seems to freeze up a bit on me more than before.

Wolfman

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:44:20 am

Hi Jamie,

have marked this as solved, I hope that that is okay?.

Regards Wolfman :D

Jaime

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:26:36 am

Not a problem Wolfman, I was hoping someone could throw in a few more suggestions if they can think of any. By the way you keep misspelling my name. I just thought I mention it. :) Are you sure you want to keep doing that solved thing...man that's going to get old fast for you. :D By the way I also like your kindness quote. Very well put.

Wolfman

Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:04:27 am

Jaime wrote:Not a problem Wolfman, I was hoping someone could throw in a few more suggestions if they can think of any. By the way you keep misspelling my name. I just thought I mention it. :) Are you sure you want to keep doing that solved thing...man that's going to get old fast for you. :D By the way I also like your kindness quote. Very well put.

Hi Jaime,

sorry that I misspell your name, I'm just thick! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The object about the (SOLVED) thingy is that the thread starter should edit it; not the mods!.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1901

The reason behind it is quite simple, when people search the web for an answer to their question and they see immediately the word "SOLVED" at the beginning of a topic and they are on a safe bet to solve their problem!.

Regards Wolfman :D