This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

What is the command that opens the Zorin Menu

larmannjan

Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:38:18 am

When I click on the zorin launcher the menu pops up. What command is initiated when I click icon?

Wolfman

Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:44:21 am

Hi,

I think it is something to do with GnoMenu but I don't know what the command is sorry!. Maybe the devs can help on this one as I also think that the menu was built by them using GnoMenu as a base?.

Regards Wolfman :D
Zorin Menu Settings_053.jpg

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:48:04 am

The command is no longer present in 7 - only in 6 onwards - I think the issue was partially resolved in either 6.2 or 6.4 - or remove Gnomenu in 6.0 and install via the instructions on 'upubuntu.com/2012/03' and search for 'menu'.

The command would normally be at the top of 'Preferences' tab of Preferences - <Super>L - meaning the left windows key - or Penguin key if you are lucky enough (which I'm not) to have a Cherry Linux Keyboard! :D

larmannjan

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:55:33 pm

But the mouse click has to launch some line of code/script it doesn't just magically open the menu.

Wolfman

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:14:26 am

Hi,

it might be »OAFIID:GNOME_GnoMenu« but I am not sure, I got that command from here and that is all I can find!:

https://answers.launchpad.net/gnomenu/+question/52610

Maybe there is something on that page you can find?.

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:59:59 am

What you could do is [OFFLINE!] is open a terminal, enter:

Code:
gksudo nautilus

Open a new terminal and whilst that one is open click on the Zorin Menu - I know I could see what was happening with bindings when I reinstalled GnoMenu in 6 and pressing the <Super>L key.

No guarantees this will work - just something I thought of - plus I'm not at home! :D