This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin website - Spanish version

Jaime

Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:26:13 pm

Hi guys. I was wondering if there are any plans on making a spanish version of your website? I was fixing a computer in central america over the line and was showing the person the site to let them know about zorin. Unfortunately the site still shows up only in english. If they can't understand the language they can't use it. I know you can change the language in the install, but the information about it on the website is very important in showing them what it is and what it does/can do. I had to ask since this is what I saw when I went to your site on the persons computer. Everything else shows up in spanish.

Swarfendor437

Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:51:25 pm

When you say 'everything else shows up in Spanish' - the site? other Websites? You could use 'Bing Translator' in a different window! ;)

Jaime

Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:34:20 am

Sure, I could do it, but they don't know much about that or computers. So I was just wondering about it. I mean when they go online, the sites that they get are defaulted to spanish from their isp, the zorin site still shows up in english which is the reason I asked. I'm basically trying to introduce them to zorin. Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:36:40 am

How about this?:

http://www.worldlingo.com/SYls3jUpdI3IC ... /translate

The bits that are still in English won't translate because they are graphics! :D

If you click on a link in Español the page is in Spanish - if you go to another page you will need the web translation tool link shown above by putting the url of that specific page in the 'url translator':

worldlingo.jpg

blfriis

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:45:09 am

Hi Jamie I made a danish version http://zorin-os.dk/ And I simply translated the guides from this website.It takes some time but when it's done, the spanish users will be happy.But don't translate everything with bing or google be course it translate the commands too.There are some websites who offers free forums but I paid for mine at one.com :)

Jaime

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:44:08 pm

Thanks. I may have show them the translate for now even though those aren't quite perfect. At least it will give them something to start with and get an idea.

Swarfendor437 wrote:How about this?:

http://www.worldlingo.com/SYls3jUpdI3IC ... /translate

The bits that are still in English won't translate because they are graphics! :D

If you click on a link in Español the page is in Spanish - if you go to another page you will need the web translation tool link shown above by putting the url of that specific page in the 'url translator':

worldlingo.jpg

Jaime

Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:52:48 pm

That looks good. Thanks for the info, but I did use one of the free forums a long time ago and I don't want to administer my own forum, that's a lot of work. I do agree with you on the translators. I was thinking more that maybe I can translate it, get someone who speaks/writes better spanish than me clean it up, then send it to you guys so you can have one here. But things always change on the internet, then I came back to earth and realized how that won't work in the long run. ;) I'll give them the translator (spanglish) for now...

blfriis wrote:Hi Jamie I made a danish version http://zorin-os.dk/ And I simply translated the guides from this website.It takes some time but when it's done, the spanish users will be happy.But don't translate everything with bing or google be course it translate the commands too.There are some websites who offers free forums but I paid for mine at one.com :)

Wolfman

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:47:00 am

Hi Jaime,

use Google Chrome page translation option and it translate the whole web page, if you want to show of Zorin, it is really difficult unless you are going to do a full install, you can install Spanish language packs on your own PC and change the language at will, see this guide but don't change the folder names once you restart in Spanish!:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1699

Regards Wolfman :D