This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Need help ! uninstalling

younes-ea

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:42:34 pm

Hello,

I got windows 8 + zorin but i selected the first option when installing (instal beside windows 8)
but now i got some questions
is it on the same partitions
And how to uninstall zorin and let it always boot to windows 8?

Regards,

Anonymous

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:10:15 pm

Zorin OS won't work right alongside Windows 8.
Upgrade to Windows 8.1 Pro/Core RTM then you can dual-boot
Cure : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5689

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:34:45 pm

Just to say that there have been some issues with some folks upgrading to 8.1:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... c50385d520

There was a popup in Windows Preview of 8.1 not showing up in Firefox and M$ had pulled it until they have sorted the issue.

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:56:10 pm

I have to admit that Windows 8.1 preview is very slick - boots to login in under 5 seconds! A pity they did not have equivalent of 'launchpad' that would be better than the 'down arrow' below 'Start'. I have noticed (but this could be just a preview bug) that if you right click an icon on the Desktop and select 'Pin to Start' it does not work, but if you right-click on the icons below Start it does. I still think the 'Windows blind' at logon is a mistake - to use it as a screen lock like Pear does would have been better.

younes-ea

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45:20 am

so i can't delete it?

Wolfman

Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51:31 am

younes-ea wrote:so i can't delete it?

Hi,

take a look at the partition guide which has different scenarios for removing Linux, the most important thing for you would be to recover the Master Boot Record (MBR) so you can boot Windows again.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2601

Let us know how you get on!.

Regards Wolfman :D