This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

highlighting address bar? Larger font?

benny44

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:15:35 am

OK, so this is my first day with Zorin 7. I am new to linux, but I'm all in now as I inadvertently formatted my entire hard drive. :o :shock: :D I am very happy with the OS. But I have a couple very minor issues - first, in Chrome is there any way to highlight the entire address bar with a single click? Or even a double click? I have to either manually highlight all of it or right click and choose "select all", which is a little annoying.
Also I have a couple issues with the start menu. One is that I'd like the font to be a little bigger. I'm sure there is a simple way to change that and I just don't see it. Also, my start menu button was a Zorin symbol but when I started my machine up this morning it was an ubuntu symbol. I found one post about a similar problem, but it was way over my head :roll: .
One last thing....is it possible to play the sims 3 on Zorin 7? Or any games?
Thanks!
Ben

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:51:24 am

In respect of font size, please read through Wolfman's post-install guide - it is all there!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2054

:D

As for Chrome - I avoid spyware like the plague! :D

As for games:

1. Try PlayOnLinux - this should be present in your Zorin install - if not, download the latest from their official site - just 'DuckDuckGo' for it! :D

2. Head over to http://www.codeweavers.com and see what their Cross-Over application compatible games list can currently deal with. :D

Wolfman

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:07:40 am

Hi,

pressing "F6" in any browser should highlight the address bar!.

See this section in the post install guide "More info about the AWN (Avant Window Manger)" in the link Swarf provided you earlier for info about AWN settings.

Here is a list of supported games on Playonlinux:

http://www.playonlinux.com/en/supported_apps.html

Regards Wolfman :D