This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Intel graphics 2 monitors

blfriis

Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:12:58 pm

Hi all of you. I have connected another monitor on a labtop with intel graphic card via HDMI and it worked fine.But now I can't make any screen to work.I have done the dpkg with the cable plugged in, so it's fully updated.It tries to boot in low graphics but tells me I have to configure it manually but how do I do it :?:

Wolfman

Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:46:24 am

Hi,

unplug the 2nd monitor before switching on the PC, boot into recovery mode and active "Network" (network cable required), drop to "root" and enter the following command:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Reboot your PC with Ctrl + Alt + Del, do not click on resume!. See if your PC boots normally again and use the "Add Monitor" (detect displays) function in the System Settings manager > Hardware > Screen display.

If you are feeling adventurous, you can add the Intel PPA for Ubuntu 12.04 using the commands here:

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2013/04/how ... in-ubuntu/

You can do that in recovery mode from the root shell!.

Hope it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

blfriis

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:28:54 pm

Thank you Wolfman I will look at it as soon as I get back home at monday;)

blfriis

Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:50:50 pm

Wolfman wrote:Hi,

unplug the 2nd monitor before switching on the PC, boot into recovery mode and active "Network" (network cable required), drop to "root" and enter the following command:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Reboot your PC with Ctrl + Alt + Del, do not click on resume!. See if your PC boots normally again and use the "Add Monitor" (detect displays) function in the System Settings manager > Hardware > Screen display.

If you are feeling adventurous, you can add the Intel PPA for Ubuntu 12.04 using the commands here:

http://www.liberiangeek.net/2013/04/how ... in-ubuntu/

You can do that in recovery mode from the root shell!.

Hope it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

2 days ago it didn't work but when I tried today it worked just fine :D

Swarfendor437

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:27:13 pm

60 blue jewels to Wolfman! :D