This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

need help

ottoor

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:09:53 pm

I just start using zorin and with the new ubuntu 13.10 came out I was give the option upgrade to ubuntu 13.10 well I left the update menu up to answer the door and was help up about hoir when I came back my kids did the update to ubuntu. The problem is I have no bottom tool bar now and cant seem to do anything any way to get it back.

Swarfendor437

Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:53:58 am

Hi, hate to tell you this :( but you are going to have to:

1. Back up all your data (/home - remember to use Ctrl+ H to include hidden files) and save to external drive (if you have one)

2. Fresh install - and make sure that Update Settings where it says 'Update to latest version of Ubuntu' is set to 'Never'.

Wolfman

Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:09:52 am

Hi,

log out and click on the cogwheel on the login window and select "Zorin", then enter your password and see if everything is back to normal, check out the post install guide for problems with AWN, see this section: More info about the AWN (Avant Window Manger) :

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

It might work but you may have toasted your Zorin OS and you might need to do a re-install as Swarf has already suggested.

Regards Wolfman :D