This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Apps not re-installing

fred123

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:09:23 pm

Hi, installed Zorin 7.1 x64 on a vm. The difficulty I have is with re-installing games.

I have installed various solitare card games, uninstalled them, then re-installed them again.

On the first install, all is ok. The second install they are not showing up in the menu.

Why?

Ta

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:08:46 pm

HI, never installed GNU/Linux in a VM only Windoze! Are you using VM Ware or VirtualBoxOSE - the latter is best for VM that is free!

Wolfman

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:32:39 am

Hi,

try this command in a terminal and restart afterwards:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade -f

Let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

fred123

Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:31:56 pm

Wolfman, thank you for your help.

Firstly before I could proceed with your instructions, on booting the whole menu system had gone bad. All the menu entries were missing posting.php?mode=reply&f=5&t=5769&sid=f4cf13ae41a88f1115892c66cdc8774f#.

It was a brand new install on virtualbox under windows8x64. VB works quote well, but you have to change the default disk size from 8G to something larger. I only uninstalled an reinstall the card game to test and that was it, and it broke ;) .

I ended up killing the VM and testing it out again. Yes, should have read the instructions on how to get into a terminal.

Now it seems to work fine when adding and removing solitair, but added Mahjogg but that does not show up in the Installed Games in Software Center. Added KMahjogg and that does show up.

I'll do the update :)

Thank you

Wolfman

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:40:45 am

Hi fred123,

how did you get on?.

Regards Wolfman :D