This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

disabling bluetooth

lobsters15

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:25:04 am

i have successfully installed Zorin 7 and i am very pleased with it. in Zorin 6 there was a bluetooth icon which allowed me to disable bluetooth which i never use. This icon is not present in 7 although i can disable it from system settings.
However i would like to permanently disable bluetooth so i do not have to spend time disabling it after startup.

Wolfman

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:33:13 am

Hi,

open a terminal and paste this command:

Code:
sudo sed -i 's/NoDisplay=true/NoDisplay=false/g' /etc/xdg/autostart/*.desktop

which will show all startup entries in the startup applications menu.

Start the "Startup Applications" app and look for "Bluetooth" in the list and take out the tick.

Regards Wolfman :D

lobsters15

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:47:18 pm

many thanks for the code.Unfortunately nothing happened when I pasted it and added my password.However after much googling I did manage to find code which solved the problem.

dweeb52

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:05:54 pm

Ditto Mind sharing solution?

Wolfman

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:17:40 pm

lobsters15 wrote:many thanks for the code.Unfortunately nothing happened when I pasted it and added my password.However after much googling I did manage to find code which solved the problem.

Hi,

nothing happens, that is why you must start "Startup Applications" and do the tick thing manually!.

Regards Wolfman:D