This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Openshot editor

Jaime

Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41:30 pm

Hi guys. I've been playing around with openshot and the only thing I usually do when it comes to videos is cut them to make them shorter. I'm trying to do this with openshot, I tried hiding the last pieces where I make the cut, saved the video, but then I get a block of black screen for the rest of the video. I just want the first section of the video to be saved. Since that didn't work, I tried putting the other two pieces in a new track right under it, I found out that even if I hit the eye to not show this, when I hit play, all three tracks are playing over each other. Hmmm. Okay I set the second over to be at the end, and the third. I saved with the last two hidden, or what I thought was hidden, but still get the 7 minutes of play when I cut the first part about 3 minutes. I guess it will make it if I delete it, but then I have to start over...I had the same problem with Ubuntu, so maybe someone can fill me in on what I may be doing wrong. I am not an editor and I am not crazy about editing, but I just want to find a way to do this simple task of making videos smaller no editing. The program crashed a few times when I zoom out to see the whole track. I found out making cuts in the zoom out position doesn't show the cuts well and it kept crashing until I figured this out. I also don't understand why the tracks start backwards, on being at the bottom instead of the top. May I just find that odd since I would move to the next one for the second and third parts or whatever I'm doing. You can see in the attachement that hitting the eye to close that doesn't close the actual part either.

Wolfman

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:12:51 am

Hi Jaime,

try the app "kdenlive" as it is easy to use!.

Code:
sudo apt-get install kdenlive

See also:

http://www.kdenlive.org/tutorial

Hope it helps.

Regards Wolfman:D

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:57:43 pm

OK, I use openshot, and perhaps I will have a look at this in the near future and post a desktop recording to my account on vimeo.com - stay tuned! :D

Jaime

Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:57:21 am

Thanks. I installed kdenlive and it looks a bit more updated than when I tried it along time ago. We'll see how this goes.

Wolfman

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:12:27 am

Hi Jaime,

can we mark this as solved?.

Jaime

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:29:07 pm

I just added that, but FYI, I don't think you need to mark everything as solved even though I see how that could help. As long as the key words of any thread can be searched I think you will be fine. If no one has mentioned it I think that will drive you nuts, if you're not already. :mrgreen:
Wolfman wrote:Hi Jaime,

can we mark this as solved?.

Wolfman

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:24:34 am

Hi Jaime,

there is a simple reason for putting the word "SOLVED" in the first line of the topic, it makes it easy for everyone/anyone when they are searching the web and they can see that the problem was solved in a particular thread, and yes!, I am already nuts, my parents had me tested! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Regards Wolfman :D

Jaime

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:34:14 am

Hahaha...I meant anyone posting, that will drive them nuts having to post solved as some things I don't think have a definite answer and my fingers type faster than I think and that may not always be a good thing since going back always slows them down. They had you tested huh? Okay that's a good one, I'm still trying to picture that test! :D