This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

add launcher

leo5111

Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:48:28 am

what im trying to do is install a version of gmail and have it show its own icon to click on but when i installed it it does not show in the taskbar area and i cant figure out how to do it thanks

Wolfman

Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:10:17 am

Hi,

simply open an app and once the icon is showing in the bottom panel, (assuming you are using the Win7 look) then right click the icon and "Pin application".

See also:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2054

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:43:27 pm

Does the icon show in the Menu? If it does, right-click, then choose 'create shortcut on Desktop' - then right-click the icon and select 'Properties' - Click on 'Permissions' tab and ensure 'Run as a program' is checked.
Then drag down the icon to the taskbar - then right-click and as Wolfman advised, 'pin' to the task bar. To make sure it is working properly, right-click and select 'Edit Launcher' - you need to make sure that the 'run' command has an appropriate link present - if so leave as is, if not I will get back later to explain (roughly) what to do.