This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] skype microphone

lobsters15

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:50:53 pm

i remember getting excellent advice from Wolfman re setting up Skype so that the internal microphone worked. i am again following this previous reply of his in getting Skype working in Zorin 7. I have, as advised, installed Pulse Audio Manager. i am told in the Software center it is installed but amazingly I cannot find and open it. It does not appear as it should in Sound and Audio. When I try searching nothing is found.

Wolfman

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:38:55 pm

Hi,

are you sure you installed the package "paman"?.

See this thread posts 1 & 3.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2023

see also:

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/10/get-soun ... .html#more

Let us know if it helps.

Regards Wolfman :D

lobsters15

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:52:23 am

Yes I did install paman. Oddly enough it states that pulse audio manager is installed when I look in the software center but I cannot find it to open it. It is not in sound and video. Consequently I cannot use the advice in the recommended thread if I cannot find and open pulse audio manager. I used the advice shown in that thread when I had sound issues with skype when I was using zorin 6. It did solve the problem.
However all is well as I opened pulse audio volume control in sound and video and selected the internal microphone and all is well. I should have checked before posting. I think zorin 7 must have addressed the problems zorin 6 users were having with sound and skype. Let me take this opportunity of thanking you for your help.