This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] limit user account

msrmf

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:33:05 pm

Is there a way to set a users acct to not have Internet access? Or at least not automatically go online at start up?

Wolfman

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:33:03 am

Hi,

install the package "gnome-system-tools" and set up user accounts with the tool "Users & Groups" and don't give them internet access (take out the tick for that user in their group) which will stop that user accessing the internet at startup!.

Paste the following command un a terminal:

Code:
sudo apt-get install gnome-system-tools

http://askubuntu.com/questions/66718/ho ... and-groups

Regards Wolfman :D

msrmf

Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:26:06 pm

Now when I disable wifi sticks the other night would enable itself on booting. Works for what I want (a user just plays solitaire) shame they removed the advanced options, looks like you have to get a lot of other stuff to get it back from the gnome download.

Wolfman

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:10:46 am

msrmf wrote:Now when I disable wifi sticks the other night would enable itself on booting. Works for what I want (a user just plays solitaire) shame they removed the advanced options, looks like you have to get a lot of other stuff to get it back from the gnome download.

Hi,

not quite sure what you really mean here?.

Is your problem solved now?.

msrmf

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:59:18 pm

Simply saying now when I disable " wireless connection" stays disabled till user enables it, the other night kept re enabling by itself. I think then I did too many things without restarting between them. Yes is solved.

Wolfman

Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:01:05 am

Hi,

if you have the "Auto Connect" option ticked, it will do just that, you must make sure that the tick is taken out of the box in the "Network Manager Settings", take out both the ticks if you don't want auto connect:

Editing Wired connection 1_008.jpg

The above pic is for wired connections but it is the same for WiFi!.