This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Synaptic & others are hidden - how to find?

ElectricRider

Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:34:00 am

Actually thats not the best way to put it.. I can find it by searching in the "run" box but it doesn't show up in any categories listed in the zorin menu ( win 7 style) I only knew it was installed because I searched for it in the software center and it told me it was already installed.

How can i find a complete list of all software installed and how do i add these to the categories listed in the zorin menu, if they are not already listed?

Edit.. opps i did find it.. under Administration. What through me off is looking at a category is the same as looking at an app inside of a category - there is no easy visual way to tell if your looking at al app or a folder that has other sub folders or items in it.. so i missed clicking on a few things that would open up to reveal more.

Wolfman

Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:12:28 am

Hi,

don't forget that the are are also sub-sections of the menu, things can get a little lost if you look in the wrong place.

Add icons to the desktop or your panels!.

Have marked as solved!.

Regards Wolfman :D

blfriis

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:25:05 am

you can also install synapse.With synapse you can search for any programs documents etc..