This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installing a program

dale1257

Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:07:53 pm

New to Zorin, not so new to Linux or Ubuntu. Had ubuntu 10; went to Pinguy (ubuntu based); now graduated to Zorin 7 core.

Installed Bible Analyzer from software center. When I try to start it, it flashes on the screen, then immediately shuts down. Upon looking, I discovered that the BA files are in the /opt directory. I cannot find the opt directory except via the terminal. Used home directory, show hidden files.

I uninstalled BA, but when I look (via terminal) the program is still there.

Anybody else experience this, and how is it fixed?

Thanks

Wolfman

Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:45:24 am

Hi Dale,

where did you get the package from?.

I went to this site:

http://pkgs.org/search/?keyword=Bible+Analyzer

but it isn't listed?.

Did you open Synaptic and then right click the package and see if there are any missing/suggested dependencies?.

Regards Wolfman :D

dale1257

Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:05:25 pm

I got it from the software center supplied by Zorin.
The program worked until I added some of the packages offered by BA. Then I downpladed it in .deb format.
I think the problem may be within the packages from BA. Not sure which one though. I would really like to get this working, if I could. Will try from the site you listed.
Thanks

Wolfman

Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:15:42 am

Hi Dale,

using Zorin 7, I can find "Bible Analyzer" in Ubuntu Software Center but not in Synaptic which is strange, it also says it is "Free" but on the right it says "Buy"?????..

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:10:14 pm