This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Wallpaper

ogborne

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:57:37 pm

Hi, sorry to keep asking dumb questions, but I just can't seem to find the answer. I went through the post 6 & 7 install guide and under wallpaper it showed "WebUpd 8" as a sourse of wallpaper. I used the apt-get paste to get the file, but I can't seem to find it on my zorin install. Do I have to do something else to get it to show up? Additionally under the software center there are "tweaks and themes" that I can't seem to find. One is Gparted and the other is called just themes & tweaks. Under what catagory would the be in? thanks

Wolfman

Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:54:51 am

Hi,

for wallpaper, open Synaptic and type "wallpaper" in search and a list of available wallpapers will show up, only click on the files that say wallpaper!.

You can download any wallpaper and save it then right click it and set as wallpaper.

Use ubuntu tweak or tweak tool to change themes, to install more, you neeed to search in Synaptic for gtk 2/3 themes and install them, or use the webupd8 themes after installing the PPA and reloading your software sources.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/how-to-add-a ... -in-ubuntu

Regards Wolfman :D

ogborne

Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:27:30 pm

Well, I went to the site you gave and then to the ubuntu software center. I could not seem to find the application menu, but I did a search for wallpaper and found wallpaper saucy 13.04. I downloaded it and installed it, but I can't find it on my list of applications. Any idea where the launch of this application might be? thanks

Wolfman

Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:30:08 pm

Hi,

go to > system settings > personal > background, click on "Background" choose a pic and then "Select".

Or, right click on desktop, change background.

Regards Wolfman :D
Select Background_004.jpg

ogborne

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:28:24 pm

Great, that worked. Thanks so much. I don't know what I would do without your help....