This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Toshiba 2TB hard drive accepted by Zorin?

Hennie

Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:22:34 pm

I bought a 2 TB STOR.E CANVIO external hard drive. I intend to install Zorin on a dual boot basis. Hopefully it will soon no longer be necessary to use Windows 7 anymore.
On internet there are some negative comments on this drive and in particular I would like to know if someone can let me know if Zorin would indeed have a negative impact on running this drive.

Wolfman

Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:08:19 pm

Hi,

gets the green light here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/external-hard-d ... 92487.html

It shouldn't be a problem!.

Rgerads Wolfman :D

Hennie

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:00:27 pm

Thank you for your reaction. However, being unexperienced in this field I don't see a green light in the text of the article. Could you please help me understanding where I should see the green light? The article is definitely a positive one but does not explicitely give me a "go" on Linux / Zorin. Thanks for your help.

Wolfman

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:04:43 pm

Hi,

basically I was refering to this bit.

The bottom line: The Toshiba Canvio Desk is a frills-free, solid performer for desktop users looking for a backup drive or to expand their storage space.

If it works on Windows, it will work with Linux.

Regards Wolfman :D

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:03:45 pm

The only issues I have had with a Buffalo external is that I have been backing up my GNU/Linux /home folders - then when I boot into Windows it wants to reformat the whole drive! So take care!
(I also discovered that Windows 8.1 preview has been 'doing things' without my say so so I hope I have not lost everything!) ;)