This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

(SOLVED) flash a problem

lobsters15

Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43:54 pm

I have Flash enabled in Chrome but sometimes I get audio but no video or a very stuttering video. Why should this be?

Wolfman

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:07:48 pm

Hi,

do you have an Nvidia graphics card?.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2490

If you have an ATI card, try a full system update pert this guide.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2247

You should do an update after installing any drivers!.

Regards Wolfman :D

lobsters15

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:21:23 am

Using recommended terminai commands it appears I have an Intel Atom Processor 4dxx/................... Integrated graphics controller

Wolfman

Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:08:01 am

Hi,

with an Atom CPU you will be hard pressed to get any real decent video playback unless you have a lot of RAM, that said, start a flash video and make it full screen and then right click the screen > settings > and take out the tick which says "Enable Hardware Acceleration".

lobsters15

Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:37:37 pm

Tried that but to no avail. i have 2Gb ram on my Acer Aspire D2255E netbook. When I bought it, it had !gb of ram and was running windows 7 starter and it was able to play all Flash videos. This problem only happens with some flash videos but I thought that if it played in windows 7 with 1Gb of ram then surely it should play Flash videos consistently in Linux with 2Gb of ram.

Wolfman

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:41:54 pm

Hi,

try different browsers and see which one is the best for flash playback!.

Don't forget that the flash version in Linux is old and won't be updated, they only update the security and not the main app!.

Have you tried the main settings page?:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... nager.html

lobsters15

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:43:28 pm

Problem solved by trying out other browsers.No joy with Firefox but Flash working with the Opera browser.Thanks for all your help.Wolfman with a number of issues I have had.

Wolfman

Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:48:52 pm

Hi lobster15,

I didn't really do much but we can mark this as solved I think!.

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:08:50 pm

Just to add if it is just a need for YouTube - try SMPlayer with YouTube Downloader built in:

http://smplayer.sourceforge.net/