This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

openshot recording problems

zorin0s

Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:16:01 am

When i record my desktop with kazam, everything appears ok. But when i run it through openshot, and render it in web, youtube HD 720 29fps, after the render all the letters seem and pictures to be pixilated and distorted. Its weird to explain so here is a screenshot i took while running the video after it was rendered

http://i39.tinypic.com/677b7b.png

See how there appears to be lines through the letters cutting off the writing?

I have also tried recording in a different screen resolution and that didnt help either

Swarfendor437

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:21:28 pm

OK, which version of Zorin are you using? I notice you have an Ubuntu Logo - did you run an update recently which included 'latest Ubuntu'? This can mess with Zorin - you need to make sure that 'never' is selected in update settings with regard to the option of upgrading to the newest release of Ubuntu.

My vimeo.com videos are uploaded usinig Openshot having used 'recordmydesktop' without any issues. I record the desktop, save the recording then import a file in OpenShot video editor on Track 1 (which I swap with 2 - can never understand why track 1 always appears at the bottom of the interface) then add sound track on Track 2 then convert to web media of 720 at 30 fps.

zorin0s

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:25:30 am

I am using zorin 6 precise. the ubuntu logo is there because i used the look changer to have it look like win7 and it came up the ubuntu logo instead of the zorin one. And i do have that setting on never aswell

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:33:12 am

Thanks for the clarity. I would try recordmydesktop over kazam and see what results you get then with Openshot. :D