This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin 7 Looks

dendeze

Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:54:49 pm

I did try the zorin 7 bud i don't like it at all, so i'm back to zorin 6.3 becourse i like it much more and i'm used to it.
The looks of zorin 7 does me think on the same difference as winxp users ho will have to get over to minimal w7.
Is it possible to change the skin of zorin 7 to let it look as zorin 6.3? How long is zorin 6.3 still supported for updates?

(don't mind my writing, i'm Belgian and i never went to scool to learn English) :oops:

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:15:11 am

As far as I know it is 6.0 with an updated kernel and possibly some other tweaks that the Zorin devs have made to the system - if you are wanting 'pure' long term support version, then I guess 6 - I am just summising based on a post that madvinegar made some time ago.

Wolfman

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:13:21 am

Hi,

I wouldn't worry too much about Zorin 7 as its support runs out in Jan 2014, Zorin 6 is supported until April 2017. Zorin 8 should be out soon!.

See also:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Regards Wolfman :D

dendeze

Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:21:36 pm

Thanks Guy's, now i'm a lot more reassured that i can use my present version without any worry.

Wolfman

Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:19:15 am

Hi dendeze,

can we mark this as solved?.

Regards Wolfman :D

dendeze

Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:47:12 am

Yes, you can mark this as solved.
Thanks for the support.